Oxy Gene to appear at Mukilteo, Lake Stevens celebrations
Communities throughout Snohomish County and around the nation will be celebrating National Night Out on Tuesday, Aug. 2. National Night Out is a crime and drug prevention event designed to help people meet their neighbors and develop police-community partnerships.
Community Transit will have a presence at several of the events to promote transit as a safe and secure way to travel.
· Mukilteo YMCA, 10601 47th Pl, Mukilteo, 4-8 p.m. (accessible by Community Transit Route 113)
McCollum Park, 600 128th St., Everett, 5-8:30 p.m. (accessible by Community Transit Route 105)
Lake Stevens North Cove Park, Main Street and 123rd Avenue, Lake Stevens, 5-9 p.m. (accessible by Community Transit Routes 221, 280)
Community Transit super hero Oxy Gene will make an appearance at the Mukilteo and Lake Stevens events.
According to sponsor National Association of Town Watch, National Night Out is designed to:
· Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
· Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs;
· Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
· Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
Community Transit is responsible for providing transportation options for Snohomish County residents, including bus and paratransit service, vanpool and ridesharing options. Call Community Transit at (425) 353-RIDE or (800) 562-1375 for bus information, or (888) 814-1300 for carpool or vanpool information, or go to www.communitytransit.org. You can also read our blog at communitytransit.blogspot.com, visit our Facebook page or see us on YouTube. Support local businesses and Community Transit when you Buy Local for Transit; read more at www.communitytransit.org/buylocal.