HYAK – Drivers traveling early in the morning or late at night will see a lot of construction over I-90 from Easton to Cle Elum next week. Although there is a lot of work going on, drivers will experience minor impacts. The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) and crews are busy building a safer and more reliable I-90 by blasting, hauling material, paving, expanding bridges, and setting-up traffic shifts.
Drivers will need to plan for the following impacts:
· Crews will close I-90 in both directions from Gold Creek (milepost 56) to the Price Creek Sno Park (milepost 61) on Monday, Aug. 22, through Thursday, Aug. 25, from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each night for rock blasting activities.
· Crews will restrict traffic to one lane in each direction from milepost 54 to 68 each night from Sunday, Aug. 21, through Saturday morning, Aug. 27.
· Loads exceeding 10 feet wide are prohibited in both directions from milepost 54 to 68 each night from Sunday night, Aug. 21, through Saturday morning, Aug. 27.
· Drivers will experience alternating single lane closures from Easton to Cle Elum on Monday, Aug. 22, through Thursday, Aug. 25, from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. each night.
Drivers can use the following tools to better plan trips across the pass:
· Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for e-mail updates
· Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras.
· Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
· Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
· Follow WSDOT on Twitter
· Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511