HYAK – Rock blasting and single lane closures on Interstate 90 east of Snoqualmie Pass next week mean drivers should plan for added travel time.
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) and contractor crews will close I-90 in both directions from Gold Creek (milepost 56) to the Price Creek Sno Park (milepost 61) on Monday, Sept. 12, Tuesday, Sept. 13 and Thursday, Sept. 15 from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. each day.
Drivers may experience delays on Monday, Sept. 12 through Saturday, Sept. 17 due to rolling slowdowns during the day and single lane closures at night on I-90 in both directions between Hyak (milepost 55) and the Keechelus Dam vicinity (milepost 60).
As crews continue to repair damaged asphalt on I-90 from Price Creek (milepost 62) to Easton Hill (milepost 68), drivers may experience delays due to single lane nighttime closures in both directions Monday, Sept. 12, through Friday, Sept. 16.
Drivers will also run into delays due to single lane daytime closures in both directions Monday, Sept. 12, through Friday, Sept. 16 between Easton (milepost 70) and Cle Elum (milepost 80) as crews work to replace the right eastbound lane.
Drivers can use the following tools to better plan trips across the pass:
· Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for e-mail updates
· Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras.
· Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
· Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
· Follow WSDOT on Twitter
· Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511