HYAK – Due to heavy rain, rock blasting planned on Interstate 90 east of Snoqualmie Pass is cancelled for Monday, Sept. 26 and Tuesday, Sept. 27.
However, weather permitting, the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) and contractor crews will blast on Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29 and close I-90 in both directions from Gold Creek (milepost 56) to the Price Creek Sno Park (milepost 61) from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. each night.
Drivers can use the following tools to better plan trips across the pass:
· Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for e-mail updates
· Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras.
· Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
· Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
· Follow WSDOT on Twitter
· Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511