EASTON – Crews are bringing construction on Interstate 90 to a halt for the winter. Worked wrapped-up last week near Hyak, and now crews are finishing the job near Easton for the season from mileposts 69 to 80. Drivers will experience periodic lane closures for the next three weeks.
Crews plan to:
· Open exit 70 on Friday, Oct. 28, and exit 74 opened Thursday, Oct. 27
· Open all eastbound and westbound lanes by Friday night, Oct. 28
· Lift oversized load restrictions by Saturday, Oct. 29
· Remove centerline barrier in the westbound lanes starting Monday, Oct. 31
WSDOT and contractor crews are rehabilitating approximately nine miles of deteriorated pavement on eastbound I-90 between Cle Elum and Easton. They plan to be off the road by mid-November with completion in 2012.
For additional traffic impacts and to better plan trips across the pass, WSDOT offers the following tools:
· Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page to view the traffic-flow map for real-time travel information.
· Check the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page or Traffic Web page for region-wide updates.
· Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM.
· Follow WSDOT on Twitter @SnoqualmiePass.
· Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511.