Durable lane striping coming soon to I-5 through Marysville
MARYSVILLE - Crews are gearing up for a lane striping makeover on seven
miles of Interstate 5 through Marysville.
Drivers should plan for four straight nights of lane closures, weather
permitting, starting on southbound I-5 on Sunday, Sept. 16.
Sunday, Sept. 16 to the morning of Tuesday, Sept. 18 - Crews will close
up to two lanes of southbound I-5 between SR 531 and SR 528 nightly from
10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 18 to the morning of Thursday, Sept. 20 - Crews will
close up to two lanes of northbound I-5 between SR 528 and SR 531
nightly from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. to remove and replace lane stripes.
When crews are done each morning drivers will see fresh lane stripes
made of a durable, plastic-like material called methyl methacrylate, or
MMA. MMA lane striping lasts longer than paint, and can better withstand
the wear and tear from weather and vehicles.
This work is part of a coordinated plan to replace fading lane stripes
on highways and freeways across the state. WSDOT and contractor crews
are restriping specific locations on I-5 in Marysville, Lynnwood, Lacey,
Tumwater and the express lanes in Seattle, SR 240 in Richland, US 2 in
Cashmere, US 12 in Walla Walla and I-205 near Vancouver to improve
visibility for drivers.
WSDOT reminds drivers to:
* Watch for striping crews and give them plenty of room,
* Visit the Statewide Durable Striping Web page
<http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/Striping/2012/> for information to
see when and where striping crews will be on the road,
* Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM,
* Check the weekly Traffic Web page
26view=main%252526action=3> for up-to-date travel information,
* Follow on Twitter <https://twitter.com/wsdot> ,
* Call 5-1-1,
* Download the WSDOT smartphone app
Hyperlinks within the traffic advisory:
* Project website www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/Striping/2012
* Traffic Web page www.wsdot.com/traffic/trafficalerts
* Twitter twitter.com/wsdot