On Saturday, December 1 at 9 PM ET, Investigation Discovery is featuring the Snohomish County homicide of Susan Schwarz on its all-new series MOTIVES & MURDERS: CRACKING THE CASE.
Bill Hassler returns home to find his high school sweetheart, Susan Schwarz, naked and shot three times under a towel. Detectives first suspect a crime of passion, but quickly realize there's more to the story. Investigators are under heavy pressure to nab a suspect, but with no solid evidence from the crime scene, it takes over 30 years to bring her killer to justice.
This episode includes interviews with:
- Gary Schwarz, Susan's Brother
- Valerie Rau, Susan's Sister
- Mary Johnson, Susan's Friend
- Det. Barry Fagan, Snohomish County Sheriff's Office
- Det. Jim Scharf, Snohomish County Sheriff's Office
- Det. Kenneth O'Christensen, Snohomish County Sheriff's Office
- Det. Allen Zurlo, Snohomish County Sheriff's Office
- Dep. Sheriff Steven O'Connor, Snohomish County Sheriff's Office
- Lisa Paul, Dep. DA, Snohomish County
Interviews with the series producer are available upon request. Additional press information, including an online screener for your review, can be found on the press site located at:
Please note that the network's name is Investigation Discovery, not Discovery Channel or Discovery ID. To check local listings, visit our channel finder:
Please let me know if you have any questions, issues accessing the sites, or would like a downloadable version of the screener. Many thanks in advance for your consideration of mentioning this episode.