The Bickford Avenue overpass will provide an important safety improvement for drivers at the intersection of US 2 and Bickford Avenue. To celebrate, the Washington State Department of Transportation will host a ceremonial ribbon-cutting ceremony at 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13, on the overpass. State legislators, the Snohomish County executive and local city council members will be on hand to help mark the event. The new westbound overpass will open to the public at 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 16.
US 2 Bickford Avenue Ribbon Cutting
When: 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13
Where: On the new overpass at US 2 and Bickford Avenue
Speakers: Lorena Eng, Northwest Regional Administrator, WSDOT
Mayor Karen Guzak, City of Snohomish
Lt. E.J. Swainson, Assistant District 7 Commander, Washington State Patrol
Visuals: The new overpass, ramps and views of US 2. Construction work on the project continues and workers from the contractor, Granite Construction of Everett will be on site.
Important information: The only way to access the site is to travel westbound on US 2.
· If you’re coming from the Everett area, please travel east on US 2, exit to State Route 9, turn left at the top of the off-ramp and then left again to the US 2 westbound on-ramp.
· Shortly after traveling under the new US 2 overpass, the concrete barrier on the right side will end. Pull off US 2 between the construction barrels and onto the new westbound merge lane. We recommend using your emergency flashers or emergency beacon to alert other drivers that you are slowing and pulling off the highway.
· Parking will be available at the top of the ramp for media with heavy gear.
· No open-toe shoes or sandals allowed. Please wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes or boots.
· Please do not go beyond any barricaded or roped off areas on the ramp or overpass.