Drivers who use US 2 near Snohomish should plan ahead for overnight closures of the highway Oct. 1-3. Several ramps will also be closed.
Contractor crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will close the highway to perform paving, electrical and striping work.
Tuesday, Oct. 1 to the morning of Wednesday, Oct. 2
· Westbound US 2 will be closed between State Route 9 and State Route 204/20th Street Southeast from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. for paving and electrical work.
· The SR 9 on-ramp to westbound US 2 will be closed from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
· The Bickford Avenue on-ramp to westbound US 2 will be closed from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 2 to the morning of Friday, Oct. 4
· All lanes of eastbound US 2 will be closed between SR 204/20th Street Southeast and SR 9, nightly from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for striping work.
· The SR 204/20th Street Southeast ramp to eastbound US 2 will be closed nightly from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Drivers will follow a signed detour via SR 9 and 20th Street Southeast.
This work is part of the US 2 Bickford Avenue Intersection Safety and Culvert Replacement project. The project built a new overpass from Bickford Avenue to westbound US 2. The overpass opened to drivers on Monday, Sept. 15. It eliminated the previous entry point which required drivers on Bickford Avenue to come to a stop and then cross lanes of traffic to enter US 2. New eastbound on- and off-ramps at Bickford Avenue will open later this month.
Crews also replaced five failing culverts under the highway with new, rubberized culverts.
For more information and project graphics, visit www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/US2/BickfordSafety.
For the latest closure information and complete construction update report, visit www.wsdot.wa.gov/northwest/snohomish/construction.