The Lake Stevens Education Foundation is pleased to announce that it was able to award over $17,000 in scholarships on behalf of the foundation, local businesses, families and service organizations. Scholarships were awarded at the LSHS Senior Scholarship Awards ceremony on Wednesday, May 29.
LSEF is grateful to the many individuals, local service clubs, families and local companies for their generous contributions to support the educational goals of the students in the Lake Stevens community.
The scholarship committee, consisting of Christine Pfiester, Carrie Blankenship, Christine Egelstad and Suzanne Quigley, had the difficult task of selecting the recipients from nearly 40 outstanding applicants.
If you are interested in learning more about the Lake Stevens Education Foundation or would like to make a donation, please visit www.lkstevensef.org.
The following awards were distributed through the Lake Stevens Education Foundation:
• LSEF: Mawuli Attipoe $1,000;
• LSEF: Frazer Carpenter $1,000;
• LSEF: Alec Yuetter $1,000;
• LSEF: Joseph Hendrickson $1,000;
• LSEF: Lisa Hartwell $1,000;
• Lake Stevens Arts & Parks Foundation: Mandy Henrichsen $250;
• Robert & Virginia Rudge scholarship: Nathaniel Moore $1,000;
• Harv & Janet Jubie: Stefan Sorensen $1,000;
• Larry & Linda Jubie: Brad Barry $1,000;
• Chris & Ellen Calkins Science, Agriculture or Culinary Sciences scholarship: Tory Rothgeb $500;
• Merridy Stilwell Memorial: Karen Plemel $1,000;
• Cindy Tate Memorial: Ryan Lian $500;
• Miller Minority Student: Kimberly Mota $500;
• Lacey Williams Viking Spirit Award: Mallory Gipson $300;
• Ace Hardware Lake Stevens: Nicolette Rindero $500;
• Ben Clark Memorial: Rylie Ploeger $500;
• Dr Jason R. Bourne Health Professions: Brad Barry $1,000;
• Steve & Paulette Berg Girls Basketball Scholarship: Chelsea Pahls $1,000;
• American Legion Auxillary: Rylie Ploeger $500;
• Lenora Rindero: Nicolette Rindero $1,000;
• Melinda Hardwick Creative Writing Scholarship: Erin Ellis $1,000;
• Jo Desrosier Memorial Scholarship: Colin Patzer $1,000.